2016 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour
SacMod's highly praised and most requested event is back! Brought to you by your friends at Sacramento Modern, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, preserving and protecting modern art, architecture and design in the Sacramento region.
Join Sacramento Modern on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at the Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour from 9AM to 3PM. Our 2016 tour will feature a wide variety of mid-20th century living highlighting the time period's distinctive architecture, design, and lifestyle. Spend a fun day touring some of Sacramento's best mid-century homes, gardens, and vehicles in Sacramento's beautiful South Land Park, Land Park, Greenhaven, and Hollywood Park neighborhoods. From minimalist to kitsch, moderns to ranch homes, and everything in between. Our collectible guidebook features in-depth historic information, related points of interest, and local vintage resources.
Space is limited -- buy your tickets early to ensure you don't miss out!
- Advance ticket sales for members begins April 1, 2016 at 9AM.
- General sales begin April 15, 2016 at 9AM.
- $20 SacMod members
- $35 Non-members
- Children in arms - free
- Children walking - full price
TO GET MEMBER PRICING: You can become a member any time and receive special rates at this and other SacMod events. It's easy!
- Please visit our website -- SacMod.org -- and click the link "Get Involved/Join" to purchase a 2016 SacMod Annual Associate Membership via PayPal - $25 for a year of membership.
- Within 12 hours you will receive the password for member ticket pricing to use here on Brown Paper Tickets.
DAY OF TICKET PRICES (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY):
Please note that sales on the day of the event are not guaranteed. The tour may sell out before the day of the event.
Event day registration and check in will begin at 8:30AM, at Alice Birney Waldorf-Inspired K-8 School in South Land Park: 6251 13th Street, Sacramento, CA 95831. Attendees will receive a wristband and guidebook at check-in. All tickets are will-call - all you need is your name to check in.
- Homes will be open from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Follow us at Facebook.com/SacMod to stay tuned regarding the most recent tour developments.
The seven tour homes include:
- a rare custom modern home by Sparks and Thaden (1959/1967) in Land Park;
- two Eichler Homes (1955) designed by Jones and Emmons in South Land Park;
- a custom modern home (1967) in Greenhaven;
- a Sierra Builders ranch home (1950) in Hollywood Park;
- a unique custom South Land Park ranch home built by Floyd Cantrell (1959); and,
a distinctive ranch/modern home designed by Leo McGlade and Associates (1962) in South Land Park.
Look for in-depth articles with sneak peeks into tour homes in several magazines, including: Sacramento Magazine (May 2016), Inside Publications (June 2016), and Comstocks May 2016 online edition at http://www.comstocksmag.com/web-only/mad-mod.
A few basic "house rules":
* No smoking inside the homes, or while waiting in line
* No food or beverages inside the homes (beyond what homeowners may provide)
* No strollers inside homes
* Non-walking children must be carried and older kids must be accompanied at all times.
* No pets allowed on the tour
* Please leave those fabulous spiked high-heels at home, and be prepared to wear booties at some of the homes
* Please refrain from entering areas/rooms designated as off-limits by homeowners
Participants assume all risks and waive liability arising out of participation.
To order tickets by phone, please call Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006. Phone orders are available 24/7.
Alice Birney Waldorf-Inspired K-8 School in South Land Park (View)
6251 13th Street, Sacramento, CA 95831
Sacramento, CA 95831
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|